Monday, July 20, 2015

Celebrating 1100 blog posts














I just reached the landmark of 1100 posts on this blog. So far I haven’t run out of things to say.
























One of my pet peeves is seeing journalists follow like sheep, and reflexively copy the incorrect titles thoughtlessly put on press releases.

For example, on June 23rd Ford Motor Company said that Younger Americans Fear Other Drivers More Than Death, Public Speaking, and Spiders  New Study Finds. The next day the web site for the TV program Motor Week sheepishly claimed that Young Drivers Fear other Drivers more than Death.

When I blogged about it, I instead said correctly that Five most common fears for younger Americans ages 16 to 34 are other drivers, public speaking, death, snakes, and spiders.

The image of sheep was derived from this 1904 Puck magazine.

No comments: