Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 2nd is Freedom From Fear Of Public Speaking Day
























But, it also is World UFO Day, which has its own page on Wikipedia. Down in Memphis they’re even going to celebrate with a World UFO Day Festival. Meanwhile for the past month at Google, Bing, and Yahoo there was no mention of Freedom From Fear Of Public Speaking Day, which was downgraded from being a week.

How can you celebrate both days? Do one part of that famous speech from the 1976 movie Network:

“So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ “

The image is based on this World War I recruiting poster.

UPDATE

While last year she downgraded it to just a day, this year  Beverly Beuermann-King went back to having a Freedom from Fear of Public Speaking Week on July 1 through 7. 

No comments: